Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cruise Control

Have you ever had a class where you realized you were simply running on cruise control? I was reflecting on my practice tonight and came to the realization that was me tonight. I want a redo right now! Alas, I will have to wait for the 5:30 tomorrow night. I went to the 4:30 with Paula and was so looking forward to it....and then to just cruise through it! Ahhhhh! I'm a wee bit frustrated with myself!

I love Paula's classes because she is m.e.t.h.o.d.i.c.a.l! Which mean that normally even if I don't have my A-game going I'm still giving 110% and I know that if I'm not in precise alignment she is going to let me know about it!

Tonight I realize that I'm shifting the weight ever so slightly to my toes in the back bend in Half Moon. I didn't realize it until we got towards the end of the 2nd set. So, tomorrow night I'm going to work on that and see how it affects my ability to get my hips forward once my weight is in the heels.

Paula pointed out that my legs are too close together in Dandayamana Bibhaktapada Janushirasana. It was a great correction and helped my balance quite a bit. I think the remaining balance issues is due to weaker core muscles.

The Birds of Prey World Cup (Skiing) started today and I got to go see some of it this afternoon. What fun and how inspirational to see such amazing skill and fearlessness! It was a mere 11F, so it was to say the least a bit chilly!

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely had those "cruise control" classes. It's better than having a rough and sloggy class.

    ReplyDelete